Monday 29 August 2011

2010 ISSEA TOURNAMENT





The 2010 ISSEA Football tournament was held in Uganda, this was my first Football ISSEA and was an incredible experience. Uganda was a beautiful location however the weather didn't stay to nice for us. Although we came 4th in the tournament and also lost a player to injury, it was very memorable.
The ISSEA football tournament is a meeting of east african schools to compete in a 3 day long intense tournament, the schools involved are AISJ,AISL,ISU,ICS,ISU,IST, and ISK. After the 3 days a winner emerges and sadly this year it was not us but it was new comers to the competition AISL.
Going into this tournament i hoped to improve my football skills and make new friends, fortunately for me my leadership skills were also needed as coach made me co-captain of the team on the second day of the tournament. This was a wonderful achievement for me as this was my first year playing football as ISK and less than 2 months into our season i had become co-captain of the team, i was very proud of myself.
We started out the tournament unstoppable defeating every team in the round robin, however on the 3rd and final day of competition one of our players Rebecca popped her knee out of place, shocking our entire team. This injury had such a profound effect on all of us that we were unable to play our games to our full potential, we ended up losing in our semi-final in penalties. Which was a great disappointing as we deserved to win the tournament having already defeated every other team.
If i had the chance to re-live the ISSEA i would do my best not to be so affected by the injury of Rebecca, and work hard to get my teams spirits lifted enough to win the final :)

No comments:

Post a Comment