Saturday 12 November 2011

ISL

Today Saturday 12/11/2011 was the 2011 ISL Basketball Final, ISK vs. Rva. This game was the last game of the ISL season, a culmination of all the previous work we had put into the season game down to this game.  We had to meet the Varsity Football boys team and JV basketball girls at school at 7:30am to travel as a school to RVA which is an hour and thirty minutes away. This trip out to RVA was important because it was the last time I would ever travel to RVA to play basketball, arriving at the school we had plenty of time to warm up and get ready to play, we were able to get a lot of shots up and get our touch back. The gym was packed full with RVA fans which were very intimidating. 

The game started at 10am the game began on a horrible note, we were unprepared and not confident in ourselves and in each other. As we have had so many injuries in the past we were down to just 8 people to play the final game. During the game we lost a few people to injuries which was frustrating because we were all one by one getting knocked out. Unfortunately we were unable to come back and win the game, it ended in an embarrassing loss. The game was the worst game we have ever played as a team, and I am extremely disappointed in the team as they were heavily reliant on me. As the captain of the Varsity team and as the point guard I am meant to dribble the ball up and down the court.  However if one person is meant to play a team game then that is where our difficulty came with this event.

The game benefited the RVA community as they got to watch a game against two opposing sides that have been rivals for years, and it just came to be that it was not our year.  If I could play the game over again, I would speak to my team and tell them about how I feel, that they expect to much of me. I would play harder than I ever have and defend as good as possible.  I would keep my teams spirit high and tell them all what I need them to do.
I am going to continue playing basketball as we have the upcoming ISSEA season, I will continue to push myself and expand my skills and pick my team up over and over until they are up to the standard that we need them to be. Hopefully we will see a championship in 2012 ISSEA!

No comments:

Post a Comment